STEPS to avail of CHED StuFAPs (Source: CHED.GOV.PH)

I. Check whether you are qualified to any CHED StuFAPs, per CMO 13, s. 2014 ( See GUIDELINES)

General Qualifications:

Must be a Filipino citizen;
Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of Alternative Learning System (ALS) / Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT);
Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 300,000.00)*;
Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program; and
Must not be a graduate of any degree program.

* In highly exceptional cases where income exceeds PhP300,000.00, the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee shall determine the merits of the application.

Documentary Requirements
For Incoming Freshmen:
For 4th year HS applicants – 3rd year grade and first three grading periods of fourth year
For high school graduates – Form 138
For Applicants with Earned Units in College – Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters
Other Applicants

ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level

Other Requirements
Any one of the following: Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian, Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay, Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), or Affidavit of No Income. For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended.

II. Check if your course fits in the CHED Priority Courses.


Qualified beneficiaries are DIRECTED to enroll in the following priority courses (ref: CMO No. 01, s. 2014)

III. If you are qualified, accomplish the CHED StuFAPs Application form.

IV. Submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application, together with pertinent documentary requirements, directly to the CHED Regional Office concerned.

Sample Notice of Award, please click here.

How do I get my StuFAPs Award?
    Visit the CHED Regional Office at CSU Campus, Ampayon, Butuan City ( See the Google Map here for guidance)
    or Call Kriz or Flor  at 0925-824-5146 or 0912-089-2045.

What will I do after I receive my StuFAPs Award?
  1. Accomplish the lower portion of the award form and send back to CHED Caraga.
  2. Report to the school's scholarship coordinator, submit a photocopy of the CHED Notice of Award.
What are the terms and conditions of the Award?
   CMO No. 13, Series of 2013:

Rules to be observed by scholars, grantees and borrowers

    9.1    Enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized HEIs;
    9.2    Maintain a weighted average grade of at least 2.5, B or 80% for scholars, and a weighted average grade of at least a passing grade for grantees and borrowers;
    9.3    Carry a normal academic load and finish with the duration of the course or curricular program;
    9.4    Transfer only to duly authorized higher education institutions and to identified priority courses upon approval of concerned CHEDRO; and
    9.5    Request approval from CHEDRO to defer enrollment during the semester for meritorious reasons for not more than one Academic Year in the whole duration of the academic program.

What are the grounds for termination of the scholarship/grant/loan?
 CMO No. 13, Series of 2013:

Grounds for termination of Scholarship/Grant/Loan

    10.1    Failure to maintain at least a weighted average grade of 2.5, B or 80% for scholars and a passing grade for grantees and borrowers within a given term;
    10.2    Dropping out from school without notifying CHEDRO concerned;
    10.3    Deferment of scholarship/grant/loan without approval from CHEDRO;
    10.4    Carrying academic load below the normal number of units prescribed by the HEI for the term; and
    10.5    Transferring to another HEI/academic program without approval from the CHEDRO.

How do I get my allowance?
    Option 1. When you submitted a copy of the award to the school, the school could have submitted to CHEDRO its billing with your name as one on the payroll. When the schools receives the allowance for a group of students, the grantees/scholars are required to sign the payroll and claim the excess amount if the allowance is more than his/her outstanding balance for the semester.

    Option 2. For students whose school did not submit a bill to CHED Caraga, specially for those studying outside Caraga Region, you may submit your billing documents consisting of the following, in certified copies: 1) Certificate of Enrollment,  2) Official Receipt/s of payment to school,  3) Statement of Account, or and Enrollment and Billing Form (EBF) which contains already the combination of information needed. The student needs to submit a photocopy of his LandBank ATM card to facilitate payment by deposit which is possible once the student agree tp shoulder the Interbranch Deposit Charge by LBP, if applicable. 

     The second and succeeding billing should include the copy of the previous semester grades.